Monday, September 20, 2010

It's the 21st century around here!

So: I got a phone with Internet capability (not that I know how to use it yet). And it's a Wi-Fi hotspot! So you might see a little more blogging around here.

I did just finish a shawl. It was a gift for a dear friend for her 50th birthday. It's Emily Ross's Haruni pattern, knit from Superior 30% silk 70% cashmere. It is insanely soft and the yarn was fun to knit with--and not too hard to rip out, as those furry yarns can sometimes be. I added an extra repeat and some beading at the border. In retrospect, I'd have worked the beading a little differently, but I still think the finished shawl was gorgeous and my friend does, too!

3 comments:

Pumpkinmama said...

You did blog! Maybe we'll start a trend. Gorgeous shawl!

Laurie said...

That's one stupendous shawl! (And yeah, welcome back. Finally?)

Manise said...

Woo Hoo you're back! You've been missed btw. I love your Haruni with the added touch of the beads. It's a beauty! I just finished one too, though no beads.