Thursday, December 03, 2009

Thankful Thursday, a week late

I was out of town last week and missed the real Thankful Thursday. I know Thanksgiving is all about family, friends and food, but I have to admit last week I was thankful we didn't have family and friends -- with us, at least! My husband and I had a relaxing, fun Thanksgiving by ourselves on our first vacation alone together since March 2007. And I was thankful for excellent food, as we went out for Thanksgiving dinner and I didn't have to cook and clean. The weather sort of obliged us by being relentlessly crappy and giving us an excuse to curl up by the fire and stay in and chill. I read two "Twilight" books and knit a pair of gift mittens, all in 4 days.

I have been on a mitten kick lately and have much to show for my efforts. Maybe next Thursday will be Mitten Thursday.

2 comments:

Carole Knits said...

I think it's awesome that you guys got away! Where did you go?

Manise said...

Catching up on your posts. I missed the last few. Glad you got the chance to get way!