Thursday, November 05, 2009

Thankful Thursdays

So Carole convinced me to join in her “Thankful Thursdays.” Unfortunately, however, I am very cranky today and frankly, not feeling that thankful. I feel more like Godzilla; I would like to roar and stomp on a village. Only if I were Godzilla, I wouldn’t trample indiscriminately. I would spread my toes r e a l l y w i d e and selectively stomp on the homes of people who annoy me. I’m making a list in my head right now. Two of the houses are right next door to each other. Two birds, one toe!

So, here’s my cranky list of things I am thankful for, not in any particular order:

1. Horror movies. Horror movies put everything into perspective. Sure, you had a bad day, no one’s disputing that. But zombies didn’t chase you into an abandoned farmhouse. Birds didn’t peck out your eyes. And some freaky creep with foot-long razor sharp fingernails didn’t kill your friends for real in your dreams. See? Things could be so much worse.

2. Beer. When you’ve had a bad day, nothing tastes as good as a nice cold beer. Or wine, if you’re so inclined. As far as I’m concerned, any song about a blue moon is an Ode to a Great Beer. I’m already dreaming about my end-of-the-day Blue Moon, and it’s only 9:30 am.

3. My dog. Because how can you stay mad when this face looks up at you?



P.S. I promise to be sincere and gracious and thankful next week. But you just can't be in a good mood all the time. Know what I mean?

3 comments:

Carole Knits said...

I think thankfulness comes in all forms. I love that you included horror movies. Did this come from our discussion at spinning Monday night?

Kathy said...

Ha! I love your post -- some days are Godzilla-like. Martha's terrible-horrible-no good- very bad day!

Laurie said...

Yes on all, especially that wonderful dog face.