Saturday, August 30, 2008

Summer Recap

What I Did This Summer:

1) Made a lot of things I have either not completed or not blocked:

The Melon Scarf from Victorian Lace Today (unblocked, obvs);


Swallowtail Shawl from Interweave Knits (also unblocked);


some yummy 50% Romney 50% Llama I picked up at Rhinebeck (couldn't tell you where) that is actually a gorgeous chocolate brown. I'm spinning it 2 ply, heavy worsted weight;


One Primavera sock. Note it is still on its needles. Because I decided that instead of making a second sock, I'd rather use the rest of the yarn to make another scarf from Victorian Lace Today. So this may be frogged in the future. At any rate, it'll have to wait for more yarn.

2) Bought a cruiser bike and rode it to work pretty much at least one or two days each week since I got it (I did skip this week).

3) Took sailing lessons and am beginning--6 lessons under my belt--to feel like maybe it's not so scary.

4) Played tennis once or twice a week. Badly, but I think the important thing is that you get out there, not that you play like Steffi Graf.

5). Got to hang with my homies at Fiber Revival, which was awesome despite the rain. I'm glad I finally made it this year!

6) Went kayak fishing--only once--in the bay. It was wicked fun, even though we didn't catch anything, and I can't wait to do it again.

I don't have much in the way of knitting or spinning to show for this summer, but I tried to pack a lot of outdoor activities in. Now that fall is *almost* here, maybe I'll finally get all those scarves blocked...

5 comments:

Carole Knits said...

Sounds like you had a great summer with lots of different types of things to fill your time. I can't wait to see you!

Danielle said...

Hah! That Melon Scarf is crazy looking before blocking. I bet it will be gorgeous though!

Laurie said...

You did summer right. Knitting in summer is only if the circumstances permit. It was so good to see you at the Revival!

Beth S. said...

I'm so glad to hear from you! It's been ages and ages! :-)

Now please go block all that stuff, especially the fantabulous Swallowtail, and model it for us! OK? :-)

claudia said...

You are so awesomee....putting aside the scary to learn new things. Way to go!