Monday, July 28, 2008

My New Ride


I followed in Claudia's footsteps and got a cruiser bike. It's a Trek 7.2 FX. It's a really fun bike to ride--very bouncy and easy, not like my other bike, which is stiff but fleet.

And see the pack on the side? It fits a bag of groceries. Or, as it did this morning on my ride to the CVS, the post office and work:
--lunch + a freezer pack
--a change of clothes
--a towel and shower stuff
--a pair of sandals
--mail and other sundries.
The bag weighed a surprising amount (lunch was heavy)and I thought I would be lopsided bicycling, but I didn't notice the weight at all once I was on the bike.

And the pharmacist at the CVS thought it was "so cool!" that I rode my bike there. It's no longer dorky, folks. Now it's cool. (At least amongst 40-something women.)

I've been trying to figure out a way to have my car at work when I need it. For instance, I'm going to leave my bike at work overnight tonight ('cause the hubby and I have Red Sox tickets and he'll be driving), then drive in tomorrow. I will need my car at work tomorrow, but I'll bike home and leave my car at work tomorrow night. The only possible hitch in this plan is that I may need to be at work at some ungodly hour of the morning on Wednesday--like, so ungodly it may not even be light enough to bike (5 am-ish). In which case I'm counting on my husband to be willing to get up and give me a ride.

I may need to rethink this plan.

5 comments:

Carole Knits said...

Good for you! I bought a bike last week and I'm anxiously waiting for it to come in. Have fun tonight. Go Sox!

Beth S. said...

What, no knitting in those panniers?... C'mon, I bet you could fit a whole top-down sweater in there! ;-)

Manise said...

Nice set of wheels you got there! I'd kill for a new bike that doesn't murder my back and hands. One day.....

claudia said...

What an awesome new ride! You might need to spring for a good light eventually.....

cindy said...

You should save a lot of gas ridsing your bike to work.

Make sure you pack knitting on the bike!