Saturday, November 10, 2007

Another Thing I Made While I Wasn't Blogging


I made these fingerless gloves this summer, too, while I was on Blog Vacation. They're sort of like Fetching, except everyone I knew who had made Fetching said the ends rolled, so I carried the cables through to the tips (and they have garter stitch thumbs, for what that's worth). Plus, I put in a trellisy cable to make sure the little buggers never, ever even thought about rolling. And they don't, they don't even think about it.


I like them a lot. I wear them in my office almost every day. They're much neater and prettier than my previous fingerless mitts were (the ones that my boss said made me look like The Little Match Girl). There's only one problem with the pattern: that trellisy cable doesn't have much give. Which I knew, but I ought to have made them a smidge larger to account for it. I can't really spread my fingers to type when I have them on.

I'm going to wash them tonight and block them a little harder and see what I can do about stretching out the ends a little more.

6 comments:

Carole Knits said...

I think they look great. But I already told you that.

cindy said...

That's a good solution to the curling. I'm not happy with my Fetching half mitts for that very reason!

Manise said...

I need some mitts. Those look nice.

Juno said...

Heh, I was wearing mine yesterday and thinking that I wondered where the end of the skein is, because the way that effing picot edge rolls, it makes me crazy, and I should add another cable twist and make it draw in a bit more. You genius you.

Not that I've got that far, still back at looking for the leftover yarn.

Beth S. said...

I adore your pseudo-Fetchings! Must rip them off, er, I mean knit a pair vaguely inspired by yours... ;-)

Lucia said...

They're so pretty, and I love what you did with the cables! For if we can't muck about with cables, life is not worth living.

It was nice to see you at Rhinebeck! (Why, yes, I am a bit behind on my blog reading, thanks for noticing.)