1) I like mohair!
(1000 yds of mohair boucle, half price!)
2) There's always a sale. Really, I should stop justifying purchases by saying they were on sale. There's always a sale somewhere. (Just like it's 5:00 somewhere. But don't worry, I'm not throwing that baby out with the bathwater.)
3) When you spin mohair from the lock, you get really soft, really expensive FunFur. I'm not sorry I did it, because now I know the answer, but now there's a new question: what am I going to do with 3.5 oz of 100% mohair FunFur?
4) When you fill a two-room, two television hotel suite with Red Sox fans during a pivotal game, the next door neighbors may get cranky.
5) You will buy something, whether you intend to or not. (1.5 lbs of llama/Romney lamb roving, really a deep chocolate brown)
(a bag of silk and Corriedale cross roving)
6) Cheryl is a Fountain of Friendliness. No, really, she had this great insight, which is that we're all at this awkward stage where many of us know each other a little but perhaps not that confidently, and therefore we perhaps hang back in groups instead of going forth effusively to greet one another. So she decided she would be a Fountain of Friendliness and embrace one and all in a warm, inclusive and confident manner. Unfortunately, she told me this fabulous new policy which I immediately wanted to adopt after I had already slighted, like, pretty much everyone. Sorry!
Next year I too will be a Fountain of Friendliness and you'll all be like, "Who's this freaky stranger hugging me?"
And then I'll introduce myself as Seedstitch Cheryl.
(I kid, I kid!)