Saturday, July 21, 2007

Sorry I dropped off the face of the earth...

But it looks like I'm unlikely to reappear before fall. See, I work for a landscaping company, and this is our busy season. And we used to have two people working in the office, but now we have only one (hello, me!) And we're busier this year than ever before. So even though I am doing some knitting and spinning, I won't have time to show it to you. Oh, and I forgot--my home computer is so busted that 9 times out of 10 when you boot it up you get the Blue Screen of Death. So blogging from home, not an option. I'd buy a new computer but I strongly suspect I need to find one that is running Windows NT and I'm not sure that's possible.

I do have some pictures I took, like, a month ago when I thought I'd have time to blog but I was wrong. I finished the freesia socks and found my favorite sock heel. It's a Dutch heel, which is pretty much the same as the standard French heel, just a little wider and squarer:

Then I was sort of at loose ends. What to do? My gaze fell on an enormous ball of yarn that Grumperina had won at a Team Boston event and gifted to me:

I'm not sure this picture does the yarn credit; it is truly all the colors of the rainbow. And then some. And to be honest, it looks pretty scary in a ball. But it knits up really, really cute:

And that picture really, truly doesn't do the yarn credit, so I'll have to take another later. Really, it's cute, I'm not the only one who thinks so. Since I've already finished the first sock, I should be able to get another picture soon.

There was another pair of socks between the freesia socks and the clown yarn, but I don't have a picture of those. And there was some spinning, but again with the camnesia.

Anyway, hope to be back to blogging and Bloglines in another month or so! 'Til then, here's a picture of my favorite garden feature:

8 comments:

Manise said...

You're back- yay- even if it's just for a moment ;-) You've been missed you know! Nice sock- I'll have to try that heel. How big is that ball of yarn btw? Nice colors.

Laurie said...

Sorry to hear work is so stressed. We'll be here when you get back.

Beth S. said...

I love a simple sock with a picot edge. :-) You can't go wrong...

Hope things calm down soon... I've missed you!

Fields of Heather said...

So good to hear you're ok! I've been unbloggy lately too. But I haven't knit anything worth blogging about.....Those socks are adorable!

JessaLu said...

Very cool heel - and those colors in the new sock are just beautiful!!

Hope you have a good summer - even if it is busy...

Cheryl said...

Well, being too busy at work is better than the alternative! Especially in a small business. Hope you're enjoying what free time you have!

cindy said...

The sock yarn in the ball does knit up nicely! The lace stole looks like a winner.

Do you like how the dutch heel feels on the bottom of your foot?

soapy said...

Glad to see you back around again. Hope your doing well!
Nice sock and love the rainbow yarn too! nice sock you've got going.. Will we ever get the little group back in Kingston? Let me know if you go back.