Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I, Who Have Nothing...

but these pictures of primroses.



I haven't knit anything, I haven't spun anything. The blue sweater has its zipper but still needs to be seamed. I didn't even have anything on the needles until this past Saturday, when I started a sock out of Sockotta (I like the colors but I don't like the fabric it creates). The sock has been kind of interesting because I decided to play with my heels and toes and used a faux-Balbriggan heel on it, which so far I like. I call it a faux-Balbriggan heel because I wasn't into the grafting and my instructions didn't make sense, so I decreased to one stitch instead.

This is the first year I've seen the primroses in bloom--I bought them post-bloom last year and wasn't sure they'd even come up, much less sure what color they might be. They're not as fancy as I had hoped but they are hardy, and I guess you can't ask for both.

I'll miss most of the fiber fests this spring due to Garden Club obligations (can't wait til my term as prez ends! one more year) but it's probably just as well since my living room is drowning in fiber anyway.

6 comments:

Carole Knits said...

Pretty primroses! Don't forget RI on the 19th.

Beth S. said...

Oh, primroses! :-) Sadly, I kill primroses just by looking at them. I hope yours are still okay, since I looked at the pictures. Yeah, it's that bad, I can probably kill them over the internet. I'm guaranteed to kill off ranunculus too. Poor pretty things. I love them, but it ain't mutual.

Catherine said...

Hang in there with the Sockotta. It needs a couple of washings to get to comfortable. I didn't like it freshly knit, either, but I find the socks quite wearable.

Manise said...

I planted one a friend gave me years ago, and it blooms each year without fail and occasionally repeats it in the fall.

maryse said...

i won't see you at NH or MA S&W?

i'm so gardening retarded that i wouldn't know a primrose if it bit me. can you believe i got an A in botany and then taught a botany lab in college?

Laurie said...

*sigh* We'll miss you. Sometimes it's not about the fiber. :)

Pretty primrose, great colors for spring.