Monday, March 05, 2007

A Finished Object


I may have set the record for the longest time from cast-on to cast-off for a pair of socks. I finally finished the Jaywalkers I started last summer from the Vesper sock yarn I won in Claudia's MS raffle.

The only reason I got them done is that I had to sit through 12 hours of continuing education on Saturday, 8am to 8pm. You don't really have to pay attention (although I did; there've been changes I wanted to brush up on), you just have to sit there. The perfect opportunity to finish a pair of socks!

13 comments:

Margene said...

Well worth the wait!!

claudia said...

Nice work!

Diane said...

It's never too late to finish Socks, esp with the crazy season we're having!

Diane said...

It's never too late to finish socks, esp with the crazy season we're having!

Carole Knits said...

They're terrific! I have Jaywalkers knit from Vesper, too.

M said...

Love the socks! Those colors are amazing. Yikes to a 12 hour class. how do others survive without knitting?

Catherine said...

I second Margene's "well worth the wait!" What a great pair of socks. And what a wise woman you are, to use continuing ed time so effectively.

Norma said...

They're so bright and cheerful! Vesper is perfect for Jaywalkers.

Kathy said...

They are very cheery -- love them!

Fields of Heather said...

Great chance to get some knitting done, huh? Sometimes the little one goes for a 3 hour nap-that's my time to catch up on knitting!
Those are great looking socks!

Julia said...

They turned out beautifully!! If I had a bigger kithen, I'd dye 4 color self stripers more often!

maryse said...

hey! where have you been?

Monica said...

Looks great! Though I'd hafta challenge you on the longest time... 10 years...