Thursday, November 16, 2006

A Magnum of Whine

After Rhinebeck I decided to step up my posting. I was going to post at least twice a week, I had a schedule of topics in my Palm Pilot (sad, I know), I was cruising on my knitting and had plenty to talk about. Then I caught a cold. Then it turned into tonsillitis. Then my boss caught pneumonia and shared it with me. Then I had an endoscopy for an unrelated condition, and now between the endoscopy, the coughing and the sneezing, my throat muscles are bruised and beat up; it hurts to turn my head, swallow, touch my throat. I am not writing this so you'll all say "get well soon!"--I'm really not that sick, I'm just sick enough that I should be in bed, but not sick enough to tolerate lying in bed--I'm just writing this to explain my absence. You know when you were a kid and you had just recovered from something and felt fine, but your mom still made you stay in bed another day or two and you were like, "But mo-oo-mmm, I want to go outside and play!" That's where I am. And the fact that every single time I think I'm getting better, I suffer some setback, has made me realize that my mom was right, I should be in bed. So anyway, long story short, sorry I haven't posted, don't give up on me! I do have knitterly things to share, eventually. Check back next week. I have high hopes for next week.

11 comments:

Beth S. said...

Gaaaaaah! :-(

You can still knit and/or spin, right? I find it much harder to spin when I'm sick (I get dizzy!) but knitting is still good as long as it isn't anything too complex (lace is right out.)

Carole said...

Even if you don't want me to say get well soon, I'm saying it. Get Well Soon.

Anonymous said...

Ugh. That bites. I've had a cough for 4+ weeks, but still, that just seriously stinks.

Can you get some good movies and some good knitting to make staying in bed a little better? In any event, hang in. Sending healing vibes your way, not that I really have any, but I'll pretend.

elisa said...

Okay - I won't say get well soon (I will think it, though) but I will ask...is there anything I can do?

Cheryl said...

Yikes. Stay in bed! And get well soon. (Ha! I said it!)

Cassie said...

Feel better ... fast.

melanie said...

I dunno, it SOUNDS really really bad. Sure you're ok?? Need anything?

Laurie said...

I hope you are feeling better soon, as all of what you describe sucks. Seems unfair that this should happen to us young'uns.

mf said...

yuk! I hope you feel better soon. My son's just getting over his pneumonia. NOw my daughter isn't feeling to well stayed home from school yesterday and has been in bed since.. I hope I don't get sick next.. Drink lots of fluids and get plenty of rest! ;o)
It's going around!

margene said...

DO get well! I had the same type of thing happen and until you really rest you'll not beat it. Take care and we'll be here!

JessaLu said...

Whether you want to hear it or not - feel better soon :o)