Sunday, October 15, 2006

Boston-Area Workshops

Yesterday, I went to the Fuller Craft Museum in Brockton, MA, and noticed they have a number of upcoming workshops for knitters.

If you're not going to Rhinebeck, next weekend they have a workshop on Freeform Knitting. I'm kind of sorry I'm missing that and hope they offer it again.

And on November 4, they're having a day-long workshop series called "K2Tog." You can sign up for individual workshops or for the entire day. One of the workshops that interests me (and might interest some of you, too) is "An All Natural Dye Job." Also, the lunch lecture, "Crafts and Conflict: The Role of the Artisan in Times of Trouble" will be given by Peter Hagerty of Peace Fleece.

There's also an excellent quilt exhibit and a wearable art exhibit currently running that might give you some inspiration for your knitting.

Maybe I'll see some of you there!

5 comments:

melanie said...

well, you probably won't see me there, but we'll see you tomorrow!! how does lasagne sound to you?

Carole said...

That's interesting. I had no idea they did workshops like that there.

Kat said...

Thanks for the info. I'll have to get down there one weekend.

beverly said...

How about a picture for your Blogger Bingo stalkers? Hope to see you on Saturday.

mf said...

boy you've been the busy one and will be too! Where do you find the time?