Monday, September 25, 2006

Looks Like I'm Going to Rhinebeck After All

I had ruled Rhinebeck out on the basis of being crazy money for one person for the weekend. The hubby's not interested and it didn't seem right for me to spend all that money on a vacation without him. After all, the same money could buy airfare to Florida (and part of a week's lodging) for the both of us. But he knew that deep down inside, despite my protestations to the contrary, I really wanted to go. So what was my anniversary present? A gift certificate entitling the bearer to "an all-expenses paid weekend trip with your knitting cult."

I have to admit, I got a little teary-eyed.

Now I just have to determine whether "all expenses paid" includes fleece... I think it should, don't you?

14 comments:

Kat said...

What an excellent gift. At least one fleece should be included. From the largest sheep of course.

elisa said...

Darn tootin' that includes fleece. :)

Carole said...

All Expenses means ALL expenses. Food, fleece and hanging out with all of us. Squeee!

Julie said...

What a sweetie, guess you oughta keep him eh?

margene said...

YAY!! That is one cool dude you have there! I'm sure he isn't going to quibble over a fleece! As Carole says SQUEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Norma said...

Whoa, we could totally be groupies of your hubby! We all want Sugar Daddies, ya know. Be careful. :D

Yay, glad you're coming!

Laurie said...

What a guy! And YAY!!

Yes. A fleece. All expenses. TasteBudds.

Kathy said...

Oh, definitely!

maryse said...

YAY!!!!!

Kellee said...

Hoooraaaaay!

JessaLu said...

Absolutely that includes fleece ;o)

melanie said...

Hurray!!! What a fantastic anniversary present. And yes, I agree, all expenses does include the fleece.

vanessa said...

what a sweet husband! last year my dh and i went to rhinebeck for the first time. he loved the town, there i an aerodrome, and on sunday there happened to be a huge antique car show in the next town over. we stayed at the beekman arms in rhinebeck, it is very romantic :-)

Juno said...

Lord above I AM behind...but yes, it should include fleece.

The use of the word "cult" indicates that he finds your addiction slightly inexplicable, and the gift is thus all the greater for it. Your guy has won major karma with this.

See you there.....