Saturday, September 30, 2006

I Heart Hyrna

Well, I ripped out the two offending inches (there's an interesting Google search for you), back to where I had screwed up the ends of my double-yarnovers, and did it all over. I am now near the end of the second section, hoping to set everything up properly (and numerically) for the border.

I love this shawl. Partly, I love it for the yarn, which is the most gorgeous mottled fall shades of green and gold. (In reality I think they are a little brighter than what you see in this photo.) The Icelandic singles have a pleasing rough-but-soft wooly texture. It just looks warm. And partly, I love it for the pattern.

I think I'm ready for a girly shawl. I can't wait to wear it when it's done. I'm hoping it will be enormous and just wrap right around me. I am not usually (and this is an understatement in the extreme) a hearts-and-ruffles sort of girl. I'm more the geometric sort, so it may be in the end that Hyrna is a little too feminine for me. But right now, I love it.

5 comments:

Carole said...

I've yet to see a Hyrna that wasn't fabulous. I'm sure you'll ALWAYS love it.

margene said...

It's a great color and should be nice and warm. Hyrna is on my 'to do' list. You're going to love it even more when you finish it and can wear it!

maryse said...

it is very pretty. and i look forward to seeing it in real life

Cheryl said...

I love that Hyrna shawl so much! Every one I see make me want to make one even more!

Cassie said...

I think there should be some kind of Hyrna reunion, somewhere. At some point. Having seen Cate and Claudia's together earlier this year, I have to admit, I almost started mine. Except they somehow convinced me that mine should be handspun.

Yours is gorgeous, and the Jager yarn is really stunning. I hope to get to see it in person.