Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Dear Mama Moth Heaven,

As I explained to your daughter recently, I am a slatternly knitter, one for whom I am ashamed to say standards can not be dropped low enough. I am haphazard, lazy, impatient and sloppy. And also, apparently, disrespectful to my elders, as I did not put in a full 3" of ribbing on my argyle sock. I just could not face the prospect of 3" of ink-black ribbing in splitty yarn. I also understand that if I were not cheap to boot, I would not be knitting with splitty yarn. But there you have it, all my faults in one neat 2" package of black splitty ribbing:

(Who needs a Rorschach test when you have an argyle sock?)

Mama Moth Heaven, thank you very much for your advice. I am not usually one to willfully disregard good advice from a seasoned knitter, but ribbing is really, really boring.

I guess you can add "easily bored" to that list of faults above.

XOXO,
Martita

P.S. Yes ma'am, my mother did raise me better than that.

P.P.S. Here's the back, for anyone curious:


P.P.P.S. Not sure that ribbing is actually going to fit around my calf.

10 comments:

melanie said...

yay, argyles! ARRRRGGGHH.

JessaLu said...

Well...I think they look pretty cool :o)

Juno said...

All that and disrespectful to your elders too? You have had a full morning.

I don't believe you though. You garden. Gardening is hardly the refuge of the lazy.

Laurie said...

Hahahaha! I think it's just a matter of priorities. And ability to withstand torture.

Carole said...

It's very cool. But I'm not even tempted.

Dave Daniels said...

Heh, and you probably run with scissors, too.
LOVE those argyles. That somes in second as my favorite, a very close second to cables. Of course, with the right yarn it could be first. I like what yo've got going. (And I'm a size 9 if those don't fit you...just sayin'...)

Kathy said...

Looking good.

julia fc said...

My mom is a bossy one. I think it looks just great. And the colours! Yummmm. You win a spot in the orange yarn hall of fame, dear heart. Nice job.

Beth S. said...

Now that's a bright sock!

mf said...

Looks cool not a favorite of mine to knit but absolutley like to admire others.. Sure hope it fits... try it on