Sunday, July 30, 2006

Gobble gobble

I find it slightly alarming how unafraid the turkeys are of me. I saw this guy through the window while I was sewing. He stood there while I opened the screen and took pictures, talking to him all the while.






After a bit, he started walking toward my neighbor's unmowed meadow





to join his hens

basking in the shade of my neighbor's crabapple tree.


P.S. What's that you say, this is a knitting blog, not Martita's Wild Life? I totally agree and promise knitting content SOON!

4 comments:

Carole said...

Awesome turkey shots! Don't tell Dale, though, he'll be over to get Thanksgiving dinner. Hee!

Laurie said...

Beautiful boy! I love when the yard is welcoming to critters like that.

maryse said...

and thus concludes another episode of martita rampage's wild kingdom...

Cheryl said...

Ha! We get turkeys on the back lawn here at work, and nothing seems to scare them off! Nothing I do, anyway.