Friday, May 26, 2006

Clearing My Desk

I'm very excited about going to Cummington this weekend. It's my very first fiber festival ever. I'm planning on restraining myself, money-wise, but have a few key purchases I'd like to make:
*a niddy-noddy
*a lazy kate
I was hoping to buy a Grafton Fibers batt to match the batt on the right in this photo,

but have been informed they won't be in Cummington this weekend.

I've been looking forward to this weekend for a long time. While all of you have been going to fiber festivals willy-nilly, I've been trapped at home. So this week, I went on a pre-Cummington clearing-my-desk binge, finishing up projects right and left.

First, on Monday and Tuesday, I made new "curtains" for the potting bench in the breezeway, and pillowcases for the breezeway bench cushions. (The potting bench "curtains" hide all the crap that is stored on the potting bench shelf. You know those charming pictures in catalogs of terra cotta pots neatly lined up under the potting bench? Mine's not quite so quaint.)


The fabric is Amy Butler's Charm. Amy Butler is another resource I would not know about if it were not for blogland.

Then, I finished the Trellis Scarf, in all its bumblebee-striped glory:

And THEN, I plied up two skeins of the merino/silk fiber I got with my wheel. Each skein is just over 200 yards.
I got two skeins from two full bobbins (double-plied). I am hoping to get another two full bobbins out of the remaining fiber, so I might just have enough for a small sweater.

Which would be great, because the more I look at it, the more that's what I think it needs to be.

2 comments:

elisa said...

I had *no* idea that Cummington was your first fiber festival! What did you think?

blogless sharon said...

glad you had a good time so you are no longer a fiber fest virgin