Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Some pictures from this weekend

Saturday's highlight was when I fixed our leaky kitchen sink Saturday morning, all by myself (my friend Shannon was skeptical but I assured her my completely-not-handy husband wasn't even in the house).



It turned out the sink sprayer was leaking at pretty much every connection point. So I took it apart, replaced a few gaskets, taped the screw threads with Teflon plumber's tape and put it back together. And it actually worked! (for now).

I never would have thought I could have done it myself, were it not for this book. And thank goodness I saw this in the library, because how stupid would I have felt calling the plumber for this quick fix? The hardest part was finding the right size gaskets. I am never returning Lynda Lyday to the library (sorry, Carole!) Everyone should have this book. I guess you could make the argument that that's why I should return it to the library. Rats.



Sunday's highlight was the Knitting Olympics Closing Ceremonies Party at Cara's in-laws' house. Here's Wendy modeling her then-almost, now-finished sweater (I was too slow with my camera to get a picture of her with it stuck over her head).


Team MIT completed a relay blanket during their lunch hours, which they intend to donate to Afghans for Afghans.





Christine was in the final stages of her daughter's poncho:


Julia completed not only a gorgeous, beaded shawl but also a mitten a day for the Dulaan Project:




Cara modeled her bag o' Jaywalkers and her pirate mittens.
















And a great time was had by all!















I'm just sorry I didn't get a picture of all the great projects out there and the colossal achievements made by our knitting brethren to get their Olympic work done in time. Good work, Team Boston!


Meanwhile, while a deep freeze settled over the land


inside, orchids bloomed.

10 comments:

Carole said...

Damn those orchids! They are gorgeous! Why can't I grow them?

maryse said...

they are pretty.
damn i missed the fashion show -- i was too busy drinking beer ;)

Kate said...

Great pictures, nice to see someone got some good pics so I can see all the fun I missed :-)
Beautiful orchids.

grumperina said...

Nice seeing you, as always!!!

margene said...

How fun to see all the pictures! What a fun time you all had. Now you, you really rock...to fix the sink all on your own. That deserves a gold medal.

Cara said...

It was great to meet you! Thanks so much for coming. And thanks for posting pictures!!

mf said...

I keep missing these get togethers??? hmmm shoudl I be taking this persoanl now, no one tells me about them! ;o((
Regina makes some neat socks!
btw~ Great fishes! What yarns have you used for them?

Dave Daniels said...

Looks like you were all having a great time. Nice bunch of folks.

claudia said...

Boy, my pants sure look orange.

Kristen said...

great pictures!

as for fixing the sink yourself, I'm impressed. Very impressed. (and I will keep that book in mind as a housewarming gift for my friends getting their first homes...)