Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Zipper dilemma

As I was hard at work mailing out invoices, I suddenly said to myself, "Must order Rogue zipper if I ever want to wear the damn thing." So I dropped what I was doing and surfed over to Zipper Stop.

I had cleverly brought a yarn sample to work, knowing that I was going to need to hold one up to the monitor before I ordered anything. However, the yarn sample only made it all the more evident that there are no zippers in anywhere close to the shade of baby-puke pea green that I am dealing with. I had read somewhere the helpful advice that if you can't find a matching color, get one darker--although dark in a completely different shade is still, well, a completely different shade.

So what to do? Well, first I realized, plastic is out. Brass matches with everything, and leaves only the backing fabric to clash.

My question to those experienced zipper knitters out there: how much should I worry about matching the fabric? 'Cause it's not going to happen. It won't show much, will it? Please say no.

1 comment:

claudia said...

Consider calling up Zipperstop and asking if you can send a butterfly of yarn to them and have them send you a coordinating zipper. Haven't done it myself, but recently I've read about a couple of bloggers who did this and were really happy.