Saturday, November 12, 2005

Sock 2.0

New color combination:



It's basically the same combination as in Anna Zilboorg's book, but I am so color-challenged that I usually have to follow the suggested color combinations. The shades are off, though, so the sock colors are not as successful as hers were, but I do think they are an improvement over the previous colors.

Now, keep in mind that you are seeing flash-quality digital reproductions of those colors, which we all know are about as reliable as a broken-down Model T. In this case, however, I think they are close enough to give you an idea what is going on. FYI, that dark color is purple, in case you can't tell.

I tried a new braid, too. I did one row of ribbing, then one row of color A/color B knitting, then the braid stitch. I think this braid works better (i.e. you can see it).

Now, the big question will be: with all the stranding and braiding, will they fit over my fat feet? We'll have to wait and see...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pretty! suddenly I want some.
Will they fit? If you doubt it, now's the time to check . . .
just sayin'
julia fc

Laurie said...

Definitely like the second combination better. Yes, the braid shows up! I like that....